Thailand, the land of smiles, is an amazing tourist destination. It is particularly popular among Chinese, Russian, and Indian tourists. It has serene beaches and amazing nightlife that attract tourists from all over the world.
Imagine you are dancing to the beat of your own drum, but all of a sudden, you sprain your ankle. While the discomfort can definitely ruin your trip, the treatment cost will not be an extra burden if you have travel insurance Thailand.
Besides, if your belongings get stolen or if you lose your documentation in a foreign land, travel insurance will have you covered. It ensures you are supported in case of any emergencies during your trip. You can choose a travel insurance plan for yourself or a family travel insurance plan to cover your entire family on the trip.
here are some reasons why you should get travel insurance.
Why Do I Need a Travel Insurance Policy for Thailand?
A key thing to remember when travelling to Thailand is that foreign travellers can not receive free medical care if something happens while they are in the country. In cases of Covid, you will have to pay for both medical treatments and quarantine costs.
This is why comprehensive travel insurance for your Thailand trip is recommended. It will provide coverage for covid related expenses and for other situations like:
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Hospitalisation costs.
- Personal injury or accidents.
- Theft/loss of luggage or travel documents.
- Loss of travel funds.
- Delayed baggage.
- Missed, delayed or cancelled flights.
- Repatriation of mortal remains in case of loss of life.
Moreover, when you buy Thailand travel insurance, you can increase your plan’s coverage by getting additional add-on covers.
For example, suppose you are planning to engage in adventure sports. In that case, getting an adventure sports cover will offer coverage for all injuries and medical expenses incurred when participating in those activities.
Is Travel Insurance Mandatory For Indians When Travelling To Thailand?
Anyone travelling from countries that require RT-PCR COVID tests needs travel insurance or health insurance covering at least US $10,000 for COVID-19 treatment. India happens to be included under that list.
Moreover, the travel policy validity must be over 7 days of the intended trip duration.
Travel restrictions and guidelines are ever-changing with respect to the pandemic. So it is also always best to check the official portal of the Indian Embassy in Thailand before making any travel plans.
Where Can I Get Travel Insurance for My Thailand Trip?
You can get travel insurance for Thailand online from any reputed insurance provider in India. Most insurance companies like Tata AIG offer travel insurance for Thailand online through their official websites. You can compare different policies to see which ones will give you the best coverage. You will also be eligible for discounts if you buy Thailand travel insurance online from insurance providers on their websites.
It’s also important to get the right type of travel insurance plan and add-ons to ensure adequate coverage.
For example, there are senior citizen plans for those over 60, critical illness covers for those with pre-existing illnesses, family plans, individual plans etc.
Documents Needed to Travel to Thailand
- Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity from the date of arrival.
- Visa application form.
- Travel insurance policy with Covid coverage.
- Two passport-sized photographs not older than three months, taken against a white background.
- Cover letter mentioning all your trip details, like,
- The person bearing the expense of the trip.
- Accommodation details like hotel name, address, contact details, etc.
- Hotel confirmation mentioning the names of you and others travelling with you.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Flight tickets and itinerary.
- Copy of your credit card with original credit card statements from the last six months.
- Bank statement from last 6 months.
- Original currency exchange slips of at least USD 500 with your name. If you have exchanged money before arrival, keep the receipts as proof.
Thailand has always been a popular option for intercontinental travel among Indians. It’s affordable, close, and a great vacation spot thanks to its pristine beaches, watersport activities and popular yearly festivals like Songkran.
Getting travel insurance ensures you and your family don’t miss out on any of these activities and festivals. So before you start packing, getting family travel insurance from providers like Tata AIG to insure you and your family can help you make the most of your trip.